A look at news from around the league...
• At the beginning of the playoffs, many questioned Evgeni Nabokov's ability to perform and help the Sharks win the Stanley Cup. And while there is still a long way to go, Nabokov has made 217 saves this postseason and has gone a long way toward quieting those who have questioned his ability. Nabokov's 2.14 goals-against average is the best in the playoffs. [ San Jose Mercury News ]
• Down 3-0, the Red Wings face a major climb uphill. [ Detroit Free Press ]
• As the Bruins are on the verge of sweeping the Flyers and reaching the Eastern Conference finals, the regular season is all in the past. All those nights when the Bruins felt like the the 1958 Canadiens or 1972 Bruins are in the past. [ Boston Globe ]
• Even though Bruins continue to win games, players keep getting injured. [ Boston Globe ]
• Flyers doing everything right, but just can't score. [ Philadelphia News/Inquirer ]
No. 2 Chicago Blackhawks vs. No. 3 Vancouver Canucks (Blackhawks lead 2-1)
• The Blackhawks are playing with great energy and enthusiasm right now, but would it kill the team to have one good fight? The history between these teams suggests it would behoove the Hawks not to mix it up. [ Chicago Sun-Times ]